Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Daryl Robertson for TMJ Treatment:
- Dr. Robertson understands how TMJ can negatively impact your quality of life and how important it is to resolve this issue
- Dr. Robertson employs only highly trained, experienced dental professionals in his Borger, TX, office
- The fees charged by Above and Beyond Dental are reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in this area
Important Information about TMJ Treatment
TMJ, or temporomandibular joint disorder, is a painful condition that affects countless people each and every day. If you sometimes experience pain in your neck or head, or if you hear a popping sound when you open your mouth wide, you may have TMJ. Dr. Robertson understands how the pain of TMJ can impact the quality of your life, which is why he offers a variety of effective treatments to alleviate this condition.
The temporomandibular joint is located where your jaw opens and closes. The pain associated with TMJ comes as a result of the nerves located around this joint. Although it is more common for women than for men, anyone at any age can develop TMJ disorder. The longer it is left untreated, the higher the risk that you will damage muscles, your teeth, or even the TMJ joint itself. If you believe you may be suffering from TMJ, contact Dr. Robertson right away to schedule an appointment.
How to Know if You Need TMJ Treatment
If you suffer from one or more of the following symptoms, you may need TMJ treatment:
- Stiffness, soreness or pain in your jaw
- Earaches that reach into your facial area
- Soreness in front of your ear
- Popping or grinding noise when you open your mouth
- Sensitive teeth
- Pain in your neck
- Headaches located on the side of your head
- Teeth grinding while you sleep
- Limited range of motion in the jaw, or the jaw locking when it’s open or closed
Contact Above and Beyond Dental Today
Fortunately, Dr. Robertson can recommend a variety of treatment options to patients suffering from painful TMJ. For more information about this disorder, or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Robertson, contact our Borger, TX, office today at (806) 274-2285.