Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Daryl Robertson for Sedation Dentistry
- Dr. Robertson offers patients his patients sedation to help alleviate anxiety they’re feeling during a dental visit
- The fees charged by Above and Beyond Dental are reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in this area
- Dr. Robertson’s staff includes only highly trained, experienced dental professionals
What You Should Know About Sedation Dentistry
Whether it’s your dentist, your family doctor, or some other medical professional, most of us feel a certain amount of “white coat anxiety” during a trip to the dentist or doctor. But for some people, the anxiety of visiting the dentist is overwhelming – so much so that they may put off dental visits altogether, which can lead to many other more serious problems.
That’s why Dr. Robertson offers patients a variety of sedation techniques that help patients relax and feel more comfortable about their trip to the dentist. These techniques include:
- Oral Conscious Sedation — This extremely safe and easy method of sedation allows you to stay awake during your procedure, but in a heightened state of relaxation. The procedure will feel as though it takes less time, and you may or may not remember the entire experience. If you choose this method of sedation, you will need to have someone drive you home after your appointment
- Anxiolysis – Another form of oral sedation is anxiolysis. This method involves use of a light sedative, such as valium. Although anxiolysis is not as strong as oral conscious sedation, it is a good alternative for people with mild to moderate anxiety. You’ll remain awake during your procedure, but any tension and anxiety will simply fade away. Because this method involves use of a light sedative, you will be able to drive yourself home after your procedure is complete.
- Nitrous Oxide — Known by many as “laughing gas,” nitrous oxide is the one of the most commonly used forms of sedation dentistry. You’ll be asked to inhale a carefully administered dose of gas, after which you’ll not only feel completely relaxed, but also somewhat euphoric. Nitrous oxide sedation is completely safe and very effective. Once the procedure is over, the nitrous oxide will wear off fairly quickly, and you will probably be able to drive yourself home.
Call Us Today to Schedule an Appointment
If you’ve been putting off a trip to the dentist because of anxiety, there’s no need to wait any longer! Contact Above and Beyond Dental today at (806) 274-2285 and let us help you decide which sedation technique is best for you.