Top Reasons to Visit Dr. Robertson for Root Canals
- Dr. Robertson has provided root canal treatment for many patients in the Borger, TX, area throughout the years
- The fees charged at Above and Beyond Dental are reasonable and competitive with other dental practices in this area
- Dr. Robertson employs only highly trained, skilled dental professionals at his Borger, TX, dental practice
Information about Root Canals
When the nerve of a tooth is affected by either decay or infection, a root canal procedure is often the best way to resolve the problem. Root canals involve Dr. Robertson removing the pulp from the inside of the tooth, along with nerves and any decay that is present. After that, the empty space inside the tooth is filled with medicated dental material, then closed off with either a filling or a crown. Because the tooth doesn’t need pulp or nerves in order to function properly, the tooth will usually be as good as new after a root canal procedure.
Signs That You May Need a Root Canal
There are many indications that you may require a root canal, including the following:
- A severe toothache
- An infected area on the gums that may resemble a pimple
- Tooth sensitivity
- Gum swelling and/or tenderness
While it’s true that any of these symptoms might indicate that you need a root canal, it’s also possible that you need the procedure but are not experiencing any symptoms whatsoever.
What to Expect During Root Canals
Usually, patients will need to visit our Borger, TX, office twice for a root canal. As the first step in the process, Dr. Robertson will numb the affective tooth and remove its pulp, nerves and any decay that is present. After that, he will fill the tooth with dental material and seal it. The final step will be to add either a filling or a crown over the top of the tooth.
Contact Above and Beyond Dental Today
If you believe that you or someone in your family may need a root canal, contact our Borger, TX, office at (806) 274-2285. Dr. Robertson can assess your situation and determine the best treatment possible to resolve the issue.